Thank you, Loralee Lillibridge for the tag in The Next Big Thing! Here is the link to her blog: http://loraleelillibridge.blogspot.com/
1.What is the working title of your book(s)? My very first published book is titled An Accidental Family!
2.Where did the idea come from for the book? I’d read a book awhile ago about a woman who owned a flower shop. That sparked it for me. The rest of the story just unfolded from there!
3. What genre does your book come under? It’s a category romance novel. The line is Harlequin Romance.
4. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?Hmm. That’s a good one. I guess I’d go with Bradley Cooper for my hero, Ben, and Reese Wirtherspoon for my heroine, Lainey.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? When life takes unexpected turns for Lainey Keeler and Ben Lawless, they find themselves reluctantly drawn together–but can they set aside thier pasts and forge a future together?
6. Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher or represented by an agency? Published by Harlequin.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? One month. It was a NaNoWriMo book!
8. What other book would you compare this story to within your genre? Well, it will stand up next to the others in the Harlequin Romance line.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? While I got the idea to set part of it in a flower shop elsewhere, I found Lainey’s character to be very compelling–she just needed her own HEA after all she’d been through!
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It was a RWA Golden Heart® finalist in 2012 (Ubder the title Second-Chance Bride) and a Mills and Boon New Voices finalist in 2011. Plus, the hero is a sexy firefighter!